First post for 2015! !! HaPpY NeW YeAr from Village Sweets !!
Haven’t had much time for blogging…Oooops!
Christmas is over (already!) and after all the buches, the cakes, the cookies, I think one of my favorite things was making the Candy Cane Lollipops. I was asked to donate some sweets for a fund raiser (The Children’s Wish Foundation) and I happily agreed, and decided to make some colorful red and green candied popcorn in cello bags with festive Christmas ribbon. I also made these Candy Cane Lollipops in Chocolate and White Chocolate. In my haste to finish things on time, I forgot my camera for the popcorn, but I did get a picture of the lollipops.
A special 60th Anniversary cake last weekend. A White tiered cake with a Lemon Cream Filling and frosted entirely with a Swiss Butter-cream all in pretty roses large and small. Glistening Gumpaste Snowflakes because they were married so close to Christmas… My mother’s father dropped their wedding cake (Oooops!), so I thought I would make them a special one for their 60th.
Tis the season for Yule Logs! Village Sweets is taking orders for the popular Bûche de Noël for the holiday season 2014 and New Years. The following is a list of our Bûche flavors…
C’est le temp pour commander vos Bûches de Noël pour le temps des Fêtes! Ceci est une liste de les saveurs…
BÛCHES TRADITIONELLE / TRADITIONAL LOGS
1. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Mocha, enrobé d’une glaçage au Chocolat (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Mocha Cream Filling, Frosted in Chocolate with Chocolate Bark Shavings (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings).
2. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Framboise, enrobé d’une glaçage à la Vanille avec du Chocolat Blanc (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Raspberry Cream Filling, Frosted in a Vanilla Buttercream with shards of White Chocolate (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux 12 servings).
3. Bûche Forêt Noire, Gâteau au Chocolate imbibé de sirop Krich enrobé en Chantilly à la Vanille avec un Croustillant Praliné et une Mousse au Chocolat et des eventails Chocolat. / “Black Forest” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake with Kirsch Syrup, a Vanilla Chantilly Coating, including a Crunchy Praline and Chocolate Mousse, decorated with Chocolate Fans. $59.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings)
BÛCHES À LA CRÈME GLACÉE (Mousse – Sorbet) / ICE CREAM YULE LOGS (Mousse – Sorbet)
PRIX / PRICE: Petit / Small $42.00 (6-8 mrcx. / 6-8 serv.) Moyen / Medium $55.00 (10-12 Mrcx. / 10-12 serv.) Large / Large $64.00 ( 14-16 Mrcx. – 14-16 Serv.)
1. Bûche “Automne Épicée”, Crème Glacée au Chocolat, Sorbet Poires Épicée, Gâteau aux Épices, décorer avec bâton de canelle, Gâteau enrobé avec une glaçge au Chocolat. / “Spiced Autumn” Log, Chocolate Ice Cream with a Glazing of Chocolate, filled with Spicy Pear Sorbet and a layer of Spicy Sponge Cake, decroated with Cinnamon Sticks.
2. La Bûche “Fruits Rouge”, Glaçe au Yoghurt Marbrée de Fruits Rouge avec une Mousse Glacée au Cassis, Gâteau au Framboise, décorer avec Macarons Rose + Vert et Pistaches. / “Red Fruit” Log, Raspberry Sponge Cake with a Frozen Blackcurrant Mousse, Marbled Yogurt Ice Cream with Red Fruit, decorated with Pink and Green Macarons and Pistachios.
3. Bûche “Citron”, Crème Glacée Citron, un Coulis à la Framboise, Meringue aux Amandes, Pâté Sablée aux Amandes, décorer avec Meringue aux Amandes et Framboises. / “Lemon” Log, Shortbread cookie layer, Lemon Ice Cream and a Raspberry Coulis center, decorated with Almond Meringue and Raspberries.
4. Bûche “Café”, Dacquoise aux Éclats de Chocolat, Crème Glacée aux Café, Parfait Chocolat, Glaçage Noir, décorer avec du Chantilly Vanille, Macaron au Chocolat et des Fils Chocolat. / “Coffee” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake, Filled with a Coffee Ice Cream and Chocolate Parfait, a Dark Glaze covering and decorated with Vanilla Chantilly Swirls, Chocolate Macarons and Chocolate Ribbons.
Les Bûches seront disponibles pour une temp limité. Dernière date pour commander et le 22 Décembre, 2015.
The Yule Logs will be available for a limited time. Last day for ordering is December 22, 2015.
I know, I know… I have been going Kray Kray about Fruitcakes and yes another post about … You Got It! “Fruitcakes”. This time they are the cutest little minis, awww they are so adorable. Perfect addition to the Fruitcake pops for those who just want a little.
Hurray! The show is finally over! What a long few months it has been. Fruitcakes were sold, Bailey’s Fudge, Delicious Cookies and so much more. We have some Fruitcakes and a few cookies and candy items left…if you have no time and need a decadent holiday gift, let us know, our holiday home baked goods come gift wrapped too!
Yuletide logs or here in Québec, “Bûche de Noël” are an absolute tradition in my family. I have made them every year now for quite some time. I am most fond of the Vanilla cake with Mocha filling and a deep Chocolate frosting. I think it’s really my favorite, especially if you like coffee. I now bake a delicious Vanilla cake with a “Tutti-Frutti” filling (cherries and peaches, yummm!) with a Vanilla-Almond frosting and delectable White-Coconut Chocolate bark, oh my I can’t wait to eat it!!
Village Sweets has our Specialty Yuletide Logs (Bûche de Noël) on our Menu for ordering in case anyone is interested…
Just a reminder, the Christmas Market Show Haut Fort (Marché des Fêtes: Design et Bouffe) is 1.5 weeks away. Village Sweets (Village Sucré) will have their homebaked Fruitcakes and other Christmas goodies for purchase. Hope to see everyone there, come try some taste testing and browse all the other wonderful vendors tables.
Village Sweets will be taking part in this event Saturday December 14th and Sunday December 15th, 2013. Opening hours are from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm for both days, entry is FREE. With the holidays already upon us, mark this weekend on your calendars to come and visit the show, if you are looking for special and unique gifts make sure to stop by Village Sweets table, taste testing will be available for our Delicious Fruitcakes and other delights, which will be packaged in a beautiful Holiday box for gift giving. We hope to see you all there !!
Yes! The time is here, Village sweets wants everyone to know that Fruitcakes should not get such a bad rap… I mean hello? What is so bad about them? They are great looking, Festive, filled with delicious fruits and nuts. A slice with tea or coffee, PERFECT! So why is Fruitcake always getting the low down? Because you have not had a Village Sweets Fruitcake of course!
Now is the time to get your orders placed for our wonderful fruitcakes. We are offering a large 6″ fruitcake (over 3″ high) or an individual Fruitcake 4″ (2″ high). Both these cakes are being offered in a Rum or Brandy and also a med-light or dark cake. The choice is yours.
For gift giving and immediate consumption. Village Sweets Fruitcakes can be elegantly covered in Fondant for a beautiful presentation to your guests or host (hostess). Please note the fondant covered cakes should be consumed within one week.