CakePoPs and Mini Cupcakes seem to be the favorite the last few weeks. And why not? They are simple to make (maybe those decorations can take a little time, un hunhhhhh :0 right?) and they are simple to eat, no messiness, just pop ’em into your mouth e-a-s-y.
Here are a few pics I’m posting, cuz I have yet another cakepop ad mini cupcake order to get started on lol!
Awww Jelly-Rolls… don’t you just love them? They are such a versatile dessert in my opinion. The ingredients can be so simple or slightly complicated, but whatever you choose, however you decorate them, they can be quite awesome. I have made many a jelly-rolls and they are one of my favorites because you can just about make any flavor and fill them with whatever you want. Possibilities are endless and they are the perfect treat for your holiday (or any day) dessert table. Just saying….
My Black Forest Jelly Roulé complete with Kirsch soaked sour cherries and dark chocolate fans (or my attempt at making fans, hahaha) …Magnifique!
Tried out a few new things… posting them here and on my instagram (LINDA.VS) and as always my facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/Village-Sweets-464749556939290/)
The pudding cups would be sooo cool for your Easter Dessert table 😀 My pudding cups had bits of Angel food cake. Flavors consisted of: 1) Chocolate with a toasted marshmallow cap. 2) Coconut cream with a meringue cap (lightly toasted). 3) Banana cream with a whipped cream topping and sliced bananas. 4) Custard and whipped topping (in pretty pastel cups and saucers). I think the possibilities are endless…
I also baked a delicious Applesauce Cake drizzled with caramel sauce (My applesauce and caramel sauce will soon be available for purchase at my Etsy shop village sweets, woohoo!).
Birthdays and Easter all rolled in to one! Village Sweets has been making cakes with an animal theme lately (or insects haha), one trend to another… with Easter having been just around the corner, I am cheating and posting my Easter tarts as well, Oooops.
Created a Despicable Me Minion cake for a Minion & hockey lover, a Montreal Habs hockey lover at that! At least she has good taste lol! First time making a minion, hopefully won’t be the last. They are so adorable, I just wanted to hug him, but I guess that would not be such a good idea, so I guess you could say I just wanted to EAT him!
Vanilla cake with a Mocha Cream Filling and a Mocha Cream Frosting, entirely covered in fondant.
A special 60th Anniversary cake last weekend. A White tiered cake with a Lemon Cream Filling and frosted entirely with a Swiss Butter-cream all in pretty roses large and small. Glistening Gumpaste Snowflakes because they were married so close to Christmas… My mother’s father dropped their wedding cake (Oooops!), so I thought I would make them a special one for their 60th.
In celebration of a 70th birthday, Village Sweets made a “70” Birthday Cake. One of the cakes, vanilla flavored with an orange cream filling, the other a chocolate cake also filled with an orange cream and both were topped off with big round chocolate roses frosting… Happy Birthday Roberta!
Tis the season for Yule Logs! Village Sweets is taking orders for the popular Bûche de Noël for the holiday season 2014 and New Years. The following is a list of our Bûche flavors…
C’est le temp pour commander vos Bûches de Noël pour le temps des Fêtes! Ceci est une liste de les saveurs…
BÛCHES TRADITIONELLE / TRADITIONAL LOGS
1. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Mocha, enrobé d’une glaçage au Chocolat (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Mocha Cream Filling, Frosted in Chocolate with Chocolate Bark Shavings (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings).
2. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Framboise, enrobé d’une glaçage à la Vanille avec du Chocolat Blanc (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Raspberry Cream Filling, Frosted in a Vanilla Buttercream with shards of White Chocolate (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux 12 servings).
3. Bûche Forêt Noire, Gâteau au Chocolate imbibé de sirop Krich enrobé en Chantilly à la Vanille avec un Croustillant Praliné et une Mousse au Chocolat et des eventails Chocolat. / “Black Forest” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake with Kirsch Syrup, a Vanilla Chantilly Coating, including a Crunchy Praline and Chocolate Mousse, decorated with Chocolate Fans. $59.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings)
BÛCHES À LA CRÈME GLACÉE (Mousse – Sorbet) / ICE CREAM YULE LOGS (Mousse – Sorbet)
PRIX / PRICE: Petit / Small $42.00 (6-8 mrcx. / 6-8 serv.) Moyen / Medium $55.00 (10-12 Mrcx. / 10-12 serv.) Large / Large $64.00 ( 14-16 Mrcx. – 14-16 Serv.)
1. Bûche “Automne Épicée”, Crème Glacée au Chocolat, Sorbet Poires Épicée, Gâteau aux Épices, décorer avec bâton de canelle, Gâteau enrobé avec une glaçge au Chocolat. / “Spiced Autumn” Log, Chocolate Ice Cream with a Glazing of Chocolate, filled with Spicy Pear Sorbet and a layer of Spicy Sponge Cake, decroated with Cinnamon Sticks.
2. La Bûche “Fruits Rouge”, Glaçe au Yoghurt Marbrée de Fruits Rouge avec une Mousse Glacée au Cassis, Gâteau au Framboise, décorer avec Macarons Rose + Vert et Pistaches. / “Red Fruit” Log, Raspberry Sponge Cake with a Frozen Blackcurrant Mousse, Marbled Yogurt Ice Cream with Red Fruit, decorated with Pink and Green Macarons and Pistachios.
3. Bûche “Citron”, Crème Glacée Citron, un Coulis à la Framboise, Meringue aux Amandes, Pâté Sablée aux Amandes, décorer avec Meringue aux Amandes et Framboises. / “Lemon” Log, Shortbread cookie layer, Lemon Ice Cream and a Raspberry Coulis center, decorated with Almond Meringue and Raspberries.
4. Bûche “Café”, Dacquoise aux Éclats de Chocolat, Crème Glacée aux Café, Parfait Chocolat, Glaçage Noir, décorer avec du Chantilly Vanille, Macaron au Chocolat et des Fils Chocolat. / “Coffee” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake, Filled with a Coffee Ice Cream and Chocolate Parfait, a Dark Glaze covering and decorated with Vanilla Chantilly Swirls, Chocolate Macarons and Chocolate Ribbons.
Les Bûches seront disponibles pour une temp limité. Dernière date pour commander et le 22 Décembre, 2015.
The Yule Logs will be available for a limited time. Last day for ordering is December 22, 2015.
Village Sweets created their first “Make-Up” cake… woohoooo! First the cake, a vanilla cake with a Dulce de Leche filling plus a whipped cream filling and I frosted the cake with a smooth Vanilla Butter Cream frosting and topped it all off with a Pretty Pink Fondant covering. A quilted look with silver Dragées just made it gorgeous, some gum paste make up accessories and voilà this cake was ready to get eaten!
A Blue Christening cake for Olivier Ismael Edmond for his special day! Village Sweets baked a 4 layer White Cake filled with Mocha Cream and is frosted in our delicious Swiss Butter-cream Icing and covered in a blue Fondant. Enjoy your wonderful day and thank you for choosing Village Sweets !